Managing Partner, St. George Office
Member, Health Law Practice Group
Commercial Real Estate
General counsel for several major technology and international sales transaction-oriented clients.
Certain health care related matters for providers (including a critical access hospital and on-site primary care clinics) and employees (including a self-funded employer plan), and graduate medical education programs (representation of Osteopathic College of Medicine).
Handles all aspects of corporate organization and operations as well as management of litigation.
Technology commercialization and other governmental environs, as well as licensing, publishing and exploitation of intellectual properties.
Certain direct selling and commercial transactions, both nationally and internationally.
As a member of the firm’s International Practice Group he has served as lead counsel on commercial law projects throughout the EU and in China.
Large-tract commercial real estate and public land policy matters in the Southwestern United States.
Assistant City Attorney, St. George, 1978-1980
Managing Attorney, Jones Waldo, St. George, Utah Office, 1980-present
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, J.D., 1978
Southern Utah University, B.S. in Political Science, Cedar City, Utah with high honors, 1975
- Member, Direct Selling Association Regulatory Counsel Committee, Legal Counsel Committee and International Council 2000-present
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, Utah State Bar, Corporate, Intellectual Property, International and Healthcare (secretary) Law Sections
- Member, Fifth Judicial District and Southern Utah Bar Associations, 1993-1998
- Chair, Fifth Judicial District Nominating Commission, 1993-1998
- Chair, Utah State Bar Healthcare Law Section
- Member, Board of Directors, Washington County Economic Development Council, 2001-present
- "Logstar" Honorary Commander, 388th Fighter Wing HAFB, 2001-2002
- Trustee, Virgin River Santa Clara River Flood Relief Foundation, 2004-2008
- Chair, Centers of Excellence Advisory Committee (State Funding of Scientific Research at State Universities), 1993-2001
- Member, Board of Directors, University of Utah Health Care, 2009- 2016
- Member, Board of Trustees, University of Utah, 2005-2013
- Member, Executive Committee, University of Utah, 2006-2013
- Member, Investment Committee, University of Utah, 2008-2013
- Co-Chairman, University of Utah Health Care, 2012-2016
- Member, Budget and Finance Committee, University of Utah Health Care, 2012-2016
- Member and President, Dixie College State Foundation Board, 1994-2003
- Member and Vice Chair, Board of Directors, Business and Economic Development, State of Utah, 1993-2001
- Member, Industrial Assistance Fund Committee, State of Utah, 1994-2001
- Member, Board of Advisors, Udvar-Hazy School of Business: Dixie State College, 2010-present
- Member, Board of Advisors, Chinese Association of Science and Technology, 2010-2012
- Chairman, Courage Reins, Equine Therapy Center, Highland, Utah
- Chair, Executive Advisory Council, Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Ivins, Utah Campus
- Board Member, Dixie State University Center for Global Studies
Tim was born in Seattle, Washington in 1951. He has run twelve marathons. Tim and his wife Kathryn enjoy a blended family of seven children, ages 18 to 33 and six grandchildren and are involved in most aspects of coaching, outdoor activities, athletics, music and other family and children’s educational pursuits and activities. The family resides in St. George, Utah, with a second residence in Midvale, Utah.
"Recognition of Significant and Imaginative Service to the Community while in Law School,” Brigham Young University, Law School, 1978
Distinguished Citizen Award, 1998 Dixie State College Commencement
Professionalism Award, Utah State Bar, 2010
Champion of International Business Award, 2015 - World Trade Center, Utah