Leader, Resort and Leisure Development Practice Group
More than 20 years of experience in complex real estate transactions of various kinds, including the acquisition, financing and development of commercial and retail properties as well as resort properties.
Partners with real estate clients to assist them in the commercial and regulatory implications of their transactions, including related land use, government compliance and unique corporate matters.
Assists clients with business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposition and acquisition of assets, and corporate governance and finance matters.
Glen began his legal career with Jones Waldo after graduating from law school and clerking for the Chief Justice of the Utah Supreme Court. During his career at Jones Waldo he served as the resident managing shareholder of its Washington D.C. office from 1981 to 1986.
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah, J.D., 1975
Stanford University, Standford, California
University of Utah, B.A., magna cum laude, with honors, 1972
Utah State Bar
American Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar
Salt Lake Chamber Board of Governors
Economic Development Corporation of Utah, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
Glen has served as a member of:
Utah Air Travel Commission
Technology and Business Advisory Board of Westminster College
Ballet West, Board of Directors
YMCA of Greater Salt Lake, Board of Directors
Camp Kostopolous (a camp for disabled children), President
S.J. Quinney College of Law (University of Utah) Alumni Association, trustee and secretary
Utah Governor’s Commission for Women and Families, committee member in rewriting the “Utah Women and the Law” handbook
Born, Boise, Idaho, 1950
- Fortune 100 company in connection with the acquisition of real estate for a multi-billion dollar joint venture manufacturing facility in Lehi, Utah and the acquisition and development of a 150-acre research and development campus in Riverton, Utah
- Multi-state developer of retail sites in the western United States
- Nationally recognized resort developer in its acquisition and development of resort property in Deer Valley (Park City), Utah
- Ski resort owner’s association in the development and management of its infrastructure, including a golf course
- Privately held local company in a $150+ million merger with a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Various subsidiaries of a large international fast food franchisor in acquisitions of entire franchise systems