Shane Peterson is a litigation attorney who specializes in complex commercial actions. In the course of his career, Shane gained widespread recognition in the Utah legal community as an effective attorney who works well with others to achieve results. Accordingly, he was twice recognized as “Young Lawyer of the Year:” once by Utah Defense Lawyers Association for his distinguished contribution to the legal community, and again by the Construction Defect Dispute Conference for his successful representation of developers and contractors in some of the largest multiparty construction defect actions in the state of Utah.
Prior to entering the S.J. Quinney School of Law at the University of Utah, Shane gained extensive insider experience working in the construction industry as a concrete and excavation contractor who performed work on large civil, commercial and residential projects. Shane leveraged his entrepreneurial experience to successfully represent clients in high stakes civil actions including contract disputes, construction and land use actions, mechanics lien claims, general liability claims, catastrophic worksite injuries, professional malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty actions.
Associate: Fabian Vancott-Salt Lake City, Utah 2018 -2019, Associate: Kipp & Christian, PC-Salt Lake City, Utah 2015-2018, Associate: Young, Kester, Black & Jube-Provo, Utah 2013-2015, President: Cascade Excavation-Draper, Utah 2005-2010, Vice President: Rockscapes-Bountful, Utah 2001-2005, Foreman: Western Quality Concrete, Mapleton, Utah 1992-2000
S.J. Quinney School of Law, University of Utah-2013, Cali Award: Top Student in Land Use Control, Global Justice Think Tank, Moot Court University of Utah, Bachelor of Arts-2000, Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, Mortar Board Honors Society, Phi Beta Kapp Honors Society
- Construction law Section of the Utah Bar
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Litigation Section of the Utah Bar
- Appellate Practice Section of the Utah Bar
- Utah Defense Lawyers Association
- Intern for Ski Utah, 2001-2002
- River Restoration Advisory Board for Utah Open Lands, 2005-2010
- Volunteer Guide for the Cottonwood Canyons Foundation, “Tour with a Ranger,” 2010-2011
- Young Lawyers Division-Utah State Bar,Professional Development Committee Chair 2017-2018
- Utah State Bar Conference-Presenter, St. George, 2017
- Case management for document intensive litigation.
- Construction Defect Dispute Conference-Presenter, 2019
- Young Attorney of the Year-2017: Construction Defect Dispute Conference.
- Horizon Award-2017: Utah Defense Lawyers Association’s young lawyer of the year award, given to an attorney with less than 15 years of experience.
- CALI award: Top Student in Land Use Control.
- Phi Kappa Phi, Mortar Board Society, Phi Beta Kappa honors societies