Taryn is an active member of the Utah State Bar and the Family Law Division. Taryn focuses 50% or more of her practice on family law and domestic matters. She spends significant time in court and mediation representing her family law clients. Taryn dedicates the rest of her practice to commercial litigation and other general litigation matters, including, but not limited to: contract disputes, partnership disputes, commercial landlord-tenant disputes; enforcement of intellectual property rights, employment law; and disputes involving real property.
Taryn has been with Jones Waldo since 2012. From May 2012- April 2013, Taryn worked as a law clerk for Jones Waldo during her last year of law school. In 2013, Taryn joined Jones Waldo as an associate attorney. Prior to attending law school, Taryn worked for over four years (in 2006-2010) as a legal secretary, supporting an attorney practicing family law, criminal law, and commercial litigation. Taryn also worked as the assistant coach to Westminster College’s Women’s Soccer Team from 2007-2010.
S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, J.D., Highest Honors, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- William H. Leary Scholar
- Associate Editor, Utah Law Review
- CALI Award for highest grade in the following law school courses: Lawyering Skills, Toxic Torts, Elder Law, and Juvenile Law
University of Utah, BA, cum laude, Management 2008
- The Outstanding Scholar in Management, 2008-2009
- Board of Trustees, Legal Aid of Salt Lake
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- Member, Utah State Bar
- 2018 Mountain States SuperLawyers Rising Star, 2018-2019
- Top 10 Under 40, The National Academy of Family Law Lawyers for Excellence in the field of Family Law, 2019