Law Clerk Honorable Thomas G. Nelson, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Boise, Idaho (1998-99), Summer Associate, Parr Brown Gee & Loveless, Salt Lake City, Utah (Summer 1997, Summer 1998), Law Clerk, Senator Robert F. Bennett, Washington, D.C. (1998), Law Clerk, United States Senate Judiciary Committee, Washington D.C. (1996), Aviation Intelligence Officer, United States Navy, Strike Fighter Squadron 147, Lemoore, California (1992-1995), Student Naval Aviator, United States Navy, Pensacola, Florida; Corpus Christi, Texas (1990-1992)
George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C., Juris Doctor, 1998, Editor, The George Washington Law Review, Author, Case note, Court-Created Expansion of Pendent Appellate Jurisdiction, Troy State University, Troy, Alabama, Master of Science in International Relations, 1992, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, Bachelor of Science in Political Science, with Merit, 1990 Commandant’s List.
- Highland Foundation, Salt Lake City, Utah (2009-Present) Past chair and member of the charitable foundation benefiting the students of Highland High School
- Foothill Baseball Association, Salt Lake City, Utah (2004-Present) Past president, board member, and coach for local youth baseball league
- Avenal, California Maximum Security Prison, Avenal, California (1994-1995) Prison volunteer
- AV-Preeminent Rating (5.0), Martindale-Hubbell
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, General Commercial Litigation, 2009-2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy Litigation (2014-2018), Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Law (2003-2013)
- Utah Lawyer of the Year, Bankruptcy Litigation, 2012-2013
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy/Creditors Rights, 2007-2018
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, Bankruptcy (2010-2018)
- Utah Legal Elite, Utah Business Magazine, 2004-2018 ( Bankruptcy and Civil Litigation).