Jones Waldo’s automobile dealer law practice group is highly experienced in all aspects of automobile dealer representation. For over 35 years, Jones Waldo attorneys have acted as lead counsel for buyers and sellers in numerous dealership purchase, sale, and financing transactions and have advising and represented dealer clients concerning a variety of business formation, dealership operation, financing, manufacturer relation, and other pertinent issues. The firm represents many cars, trucks, RV, and other dealers in their day-to-day business operations, and firm attorneys focus on providing dealership clients with the highest-quality legal representation for all types of dealership activities.
Auto Dealers Practice
Group member Shane Topham serves as general counsel for New Car Dealers of Utah, the trade association of essentially all of Utah’s franchised new motor vehicle dealers, and in that capacity regularly advises dealers concerning Utah’s “New Automobile Franchise Act,” its “Motor Vehicle Regulation Act,” and other applicable laws and rules governing the operation of motor vehicle dealerships in the state of Utah. Jones Waldo is a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel, which is a professional network of practicing attorneys who represent auto, truck, motorcycle, boat, motor home, and all-terrain vehicle dealers.
Jones Waldo’s attorneys have significant experience in the following dealership-related practice areas:
- Business entity formation and maintenance
- Dealership operations
- Employment issues, including employment agreements, compensation plans, nd retirement plans (such as ERISA and pension plans)
- Financing (capital loans, flooring lines, etc.)
- Government relations, including with Utah’s Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division Litigation
- Manufacturer relations
- Mergers and acquisitions, including assets sales and entity transfers
- Utah state and federal motor vehicle dealership laws