Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Summary: Jones Waldo is looking for an experienced legal assistant to support attorneys in our litigation department. This position will be responsible for managing a caseload of 75-100 cases spanning a variety of legal fields, including (without limitation) general civil litigation, commercial bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and construction litigation. The legal assistant supports multiple attorneys with calendaring/docketing, e-filings, and maintaining and electronic and paper pleadings and transactional files.
- Open new case files, including: coordinate conflict of interest checks, tracking potential new clients and preparing case initiation documentation.
- Maintain a structured docketing system and case management procedure.
- Schedule all appointments including all hearing dates, mediations, telephone conferences, and client meetings.
- Serves as a point of contact for the attorneys, clients and other personnel concerning the cases.
- Read, sort, date and appropriately route incoming mail as well as properly route outgoing mail and coordinate items to be delivered.
- Document and input attorney billable time as well as review, edit, and finalize all client invoices.
- Document preparation including bates stamping, redacting, hyperlinks and creating pleading files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proofreading and document revisions
- E-filing with state and federal courts
- Drafting correspondence
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent and a minimum of two years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Knowledge of county, state and federal court filing guidelines and district court e-filing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of court procedures, legal documents, and court rules.
- Ability to proof read and draft basic documents and letters.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills. Knowledge of formatting memos, letters, and using templates.
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
Only candidates that meet the posted requirements will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Jones Waldo is a premier law firm that offers competitive pay rates; excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) and retirement; and generous vacation and sick leave with the ability to accrue hours for paid time off for FMLA. In addition, Jones Waldo has a diverse workforce committed to supporting the Firm’s practice through a team-oriented approach in a professional work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer.