Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Summary: Jones Waldo is seeking a full-time paralegal to work with a cohesive real estate team on commercial lending and complex real estate transactions. We are looking for a candidate with broad experience working with real estate closing and title documents. The paralegal will be assisting attorneys in managing related documents and materials primarily for commercial lending and real estate transactions. The position will also coordinate matters with clients as needed.
- Reviewing title commitments and preparing title exception summaries
- Creating and reviewing escrow instructions
- Reviewing and coordinating settlement statements
- Loan origination experience
- Draft & revising correspondence
- Drafting & revising real estate documents
- Document production and management
- Analyze and summarize real estate documents
- Coordinate closings
- 2+ years title experience
- Experience with commercial real estate transactions
- Experience with commercial lending
- 2+ years experience with real property title & survey issues
- Experience reviewing and analyzing title commitments and title exception documents to identify issues and resolution of issues.
- Knowledge of title insurance and endorsements
- Knowledge of legal descriptions
- Knowledge of ALTA survey requirements and ability to review and analyze surveys in connection with a title commitment to identify issues
- Knowledge of entity formation documents
- Knowledge of foreclosure process and statutory requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel skills
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that meet the posted requirements will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Jones Waldo is a premier law firm that offers competitive pay rates; excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) and retirement; and generous vacation and sick leave with the ability to accrue hours for paid time off for FMLA. In addition, Jones Waldo has a diverse workforce committed to supporting the Firm’s practice through a team-oriented approach in a professional work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer.